Style: Empathetic, Relatable, and Non-Judgmental
- Adult Families
Who I am as a Therapist
Hello! I’m delighted to connect with you. I am a Marriage and Family Therapist with a passion for guiding individuals and couples on their journey to emotional well-being and stronger relationships. My approach is built upon a foundation of empathy, non-judgment, and compassion, creating a safe space where you can freely explore your thoughts and feelings.
In our sessions, I deeply value the exploration of underlying emotions and attachments. Understanding these core elements can provide profound insights into our behaviors and relationships. I also believe that fostering a connection to the earth is an essential aspect often overlooked in our fast-paced lives. If you’re open to it, we can work together to nurture this connection, enriching your overall sense of grounding and mindfulness.
Recognizing the intricate link between mind and body, I incorporate elements of somatic therapy into our work. This approach acknowledges that trauma and stress can manifest physically. Through somatic techniques, we can explore and nurture the mind-body connection, aiding in your healing journey and promoting holistic well-being.
I firmly believe that laughter is a powerful tool for healing. Life’s challenges can be heavy, but incorporating lightness into therapy can create a more comfortable atmosphere where growth can thrive. We’ll share moments of humor as we navigate your path to self-discovery and personal growth.
As someone with multiple queer identities, I am committed to fostering a therapy space that is inclusive and affirming for all. Your unique experiences and identities are not only welcomed but celebrated. My goal is to create an environment where everyone feels comfortable, seen, and respected.
Having experience in 12-step programs, I understand the transformative power of these journeys. If you’re seeking to enhance your program work through therapy, I am here to support you. Our collaboration can offer valuable insights and tools to complement your existing efforts.
Your path to healing and growth is unique, and I am honored to accompany you on this meaningful journey. Let’s work together to uncover your strengths, build stronger connections, and embrace the fullness of your authentic self.
Mental Health Challenges
- Activism & Burnout
- Addiction & Substance Use
- Anxiety (General, Panic, Phobias)
- Attachment & Relational Challenges
- Behavioral Challenges in Children
- Blended Family
- Chronic Illness
- Climate/Eco Anxiety
- Consensually Non-Monogamous Relationships
- Cultural & Systemic Oppression
- End of Life
- Grief & Loss
- Identity Development
- Life Transitions
- Managing Stress
- Men’s Issues
- Mood Dysregulation
- Postpartum Depression
- School Issues
Trauma Recovery (PTSD & Abuse)
- Attachment Based Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Feminist therapy
- Gottman Method
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)
- Mind-Body / Somatic
- Play Therapy
- Socio-Emotional Relationship Therapy
Who I am when I’m not a Therapist
Hiking, skiing, swimming, or otherwise spending as much time outside as I can! I also love reading fantasy books and watching reality TV 😀
- MA: Marriage, Couple and Family Therapy, Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR
- BA Psychology: The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA;
Training & Experience
- Worked in conservation, ecosystem management, and the environmental field for 6 years before graduate school
- Worked with children as a nanny and camp counselor for many years
- Interned at a domestic violence center for a year and have experience working with both sides of abuse
Get Started Today
Text or Call