Who I am as a Director & Owner
What is most alive for me in directing our group is the power to ignite positive change in our community. I have loved watching our staff develop and evolve over the last decade. I am grateful to work alongside such ethical and talented people who share a passion for making our world more inclusive and connected. It is a joy to be able to work alongside my wife, Johanna Manalis; together, we hold the vision steady for our group. Each day, I am called into living the mission of our group in my close family relationships. While this challenge isn’t always easy, it is a compass that guides my life.
In addition to my directorship role at Family Ties Counseling Center, I also provide consultation to family-owned businesses and coaching to organizational leaders through Map & Compass. I come from entrepreneurial roots as both sides of my family have multi-generational businesses. Each one has a unique story and legacy that embody the complexity and beauty that is family business.
Who I am when I’m not at Work
These days when I’m not working, you can usually find me hanging out with my wife and two daughters, being silly, making bad dad jokes, watching movies, playing games, rock climbing, and going for adventures in our camper trailer. I love cooking all kinds of food, exploring the wilderness, and taking a hot sauna followed by a wickedly long cold plunge!
- BA in Religious Studies & Philosophy from UC Santa Barbara, CA
- MA in Counseling Psychology from Lewis & Clark College, OR
Training & Experience
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Advanced training in body-centered and mindfulness-based approaches (Hakomi)
- Training in Anti-Racist, Traumed-Informed Therapy
- Family Enterprise Advisor (FEA)
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA)
- Visionary Craniosacral Therapy Practitioner
- Yoga Teacher Trainings
- Professional Massage and Bodyworker
- Outward Bound instructor
Get Started Today
Text or Call