Co-Founder & Co-Owner
Licensed Professional Counselor
Licensed Massage Therapist
Certified Craniosacral Therapist
Family Business Consultant
Who I am as an Owner
What is most alive for me in being an owner of Family Ties Counseling Center is the power to ignite positive change in our community. I have loved watching our staff develop and evolve over the last decade. I am proud to have such ethical and talented people who share a passion for making our world more inclusive and connected. It is a joy to share ownership with my wife, Johanna Manalis; together, we hold the vision steady for our group. Each day, I am called into living the mission of our group in my close family relationships. While this challenge isn’t always easy, it is certainly a compass that guides my life.
I have past experiences as a yoga teacher, OutwardBound instructor, Craniosacral Therapist, and psychotherapist. I currently have a consulting and coaching business called Map & Compass.
Who I am when I’m not at Work
These days when I’m not working, you can usually find me hanging out with my wife and two daughters, being silly, making bad dad jokes, watching movies, taking improv classes, playing games, making electronic music, walking my pups, mountain biking, and going for camping adventures with my family. I love cooking all kinds of food, exploring the wilderness, and taking a hot sauna followed by a wickedly long cold plunge!
- BA in Religious Studies & Philosophy from UC Santa Barbara, CA
- MA in Counseling Psychology from Lewis & Clark College, OR
Training & Experience
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Advanced training in body-centered and mindfulness-based approaches (Hakomi)
- Training in Anti-Racist, Traumed-Informed Therapy
- Family Enterprise Advisor (FEA)
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA)
- Visionary Craniosacral Therapy Practitioner
- Yoga Teacher Trainings
- Professional Massage and Bodyworker
- Outward Bound instructor
Get Started Today
Text or Call